Executive Director: Laura Flusche, Ph.D., phone: 404.979.6455
Associate Director: Clare Timmerman, phone: 404-856-5964
Education Coordinator: Aditi Tolia-Pande, phone: 404.856.5962
Curator of Connectivity: Maria Cramer, phone: 404.856.5963
Membership & Development Assistant: Nia Mosby, phone: 404.856.5961
Programs Coordinator: Meredith White, phone: 404.856.5965
Design Thinking and Innovation Educator: Brigid Drozda, phone: 404.979-6455
3D Printing Guru: Neil Miller, phone 404.979.6455
PR Director: Carrie Whitney, phone: 404.822.1078
Employment at MODA
MODA is seeking an unpaid Exhibitions intern to join our team this summer. This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent research, writing and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with our whole team. The intern will report to and assist the Executive Director in variety of duties such as communications, organization, research and writing, developing web content, and exhibition support.
Qualified applicants will have/be:
- Enrolled in degree program and applying to satisfy academic credit requirements
- Passion for design, education, and/or nonprofit arts administration
- Organized and detail oriented with good interpersonal & communication skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, spreadsheets, and Google applications
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent writing, research, communication, and organizational skills
- Hard worker, able to contribute under uncertainty and learn while doing in a startup environment
- Great interpersonal skills
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in creating content for museum exhibitions; includes research, copywriting, editing, creating presentations, performing outreach to content providers, etc.
- Assist with email and written communication about exhibitions
- Attend and assist with exhibition meetings
This position requires:
- 3-4 full-time days a week
- Ability to work as part of a team, sometimes under high stress
For further information or to apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com No phone calls please.
Every summer MODA offers a variety of camps that develop STEAM skills and teach the Design Thinking methodology. Each camp is one week long. Some last a full day while others last a half day. The camps are offered at different locations around Atlanta.
We are looking for qualified teachers and professionals to lead camps over the summer.
- Implement the camp program for each week and insure its educational quality and its adherence to the styles and standards of MODA’s educational program
- Collaborate with the Director of Education to create a weekly curriculum that will challenge each student in their knowledge of the subject matter of the camp
- Ensure inclusion of all campers in all activities
- Create challenging activity modifications for more advanced campers
- Supervise camper drop-off and pick-up
- Direct campers throughout the daily schedule
- Communicate with parents to ensure all concerns are addresses
- Handle any emergencies that might arise in the course of a day
- Ensure that campers with special dietary or medical needs are accommodated
- Use classroom management strategies to maintain a respectful environment while fostering open-ended, student-driven learning
- Ensure that campers receive individual attention
- Ensure that each camper’s knowledge of the subject matter of the camp progresses over the course of their week
- Create a positive and fun learning environment for each camper
- Encourage and celebrate creative confidence
- Supervise and mentor the camp staff of 4 to 6 high school and college-aged counselors
- Assist with pre- and post-assessments and evaluations of students and counselors
- Interested applicants must hold at a minimum an Associate’s Degree in a related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Applicant must have a specific body of knowledge related to one or more of the subjects being taught in the camp
- Experience teaching and/or working with children.
- Knowledge of or experience in creating and implementing a curriculum
- Ability to supervise staff and campers
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, a high level of confidentiality, and professionalism
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Must be able to pass a background check
Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm for full-day camps OR Monday through Friday 8:30am to 1:30pm for half-day camps.
We are looking for camp directors willing and able to lead at least 4 week-long sessions of camp over the course of the summer. Additional, camp directors are required to attend at least 1 and possibly 2 half-day orientation sessions prior to the commencement of camp.
This position is contractual, thus pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience
Send your resume and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MODA is always looking for engaged and reliable volunteers. For more information, please email us at email@example.com
Internships at MODA
There are currently no internships open at MODA.