Executive Director: Laura Flusche, Ph.D., phone: 404.979.6455
Director of Development: Barbara Richardson, phone: 404.856.5963
Exhibitions Manager: Katie Simms, phone: 404.856.5961
Director of Membership and Public Programming: Clare Timmerman, phone: 404-856-5964
Education Coordinator: Aditi Tolia-Pande, phone: 404.856.5962
Design Bar Director: Neil Miller
Manager of Visitor Experience & Volunteer Coordinator: Alice Weston
Director of Communications: Carrie Whitney, phone: 404.822.1078
Employment at MODA
The Museum of Design Atlanta (MODA) is seeking a Patron Services associate to provide outstanding customer service support for Museum admissions by creating a friendly, welcoming and informative environment for all Museum visitors. Guest Relations Sales Associates deliver all levels of admissions service including explaining Museum programs and exhibits to the public, processing admissions, and selling tickets and memberships. The goal of this position is to effectively communicate and show guests that they are welcomed and appreciated for their patronage, with the hope that they will have an enjoyable visit, return soon, and possibly join as members.
Though customer service is the primary duty, the position also offers the opportunity to get involved with other aspects of Museum operations if the candidate is interested in such.
This position has the following requirements:
- Two or more years course work toward a college degree or related work experience.
- One or more years customer service experience.
- Knowledge of or interest in design.
- Proficiency in data entry in a PC environment and willingness to learn the museum’s database system
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays on a regular basis and evenings as needed.
- Must be productive and approachable while working in a public space.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for delivering excellent customer service to the public with a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn about design disciplines
- Interest in learning to give tours and in interacting with the public in a variety of ways
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and a desire to work with the public.
- Proficient in attending to details with excellent customer service skills and attention to problem resolution follow-up.
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn, use and teach appropriate selling and customer service techniques as part of a team-centered, customer-focused environment.
- Proven ability to work harmoniously as part of a team
Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
MODA is always looking for engaged and reliable volunteers. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships at MODA
Marketing & Communications Intern
Museum of Design Atlanta (MODA) seeks an undergraduate student intern to assist with marketing, public relations and development needs. Responsibilities will include community outreach research and relationship building based on specific upcoming exhibitions. Community outreach may include groups, organizations, businesses, concierges and contacts with particular interest in specific exhibition(s). Intern will assist with social media campaign and strategy (knowledge of at least Facebook, Twitter, HootSuite and Instagram platforms required). Duties will also include assisting development director with outreach for fundraising campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be a Marketing or Communication major junior or senior with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Requirement: 8 hours per week. Internship is intended for class credit and is unpaid.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send a cover letter and resume to Alice Weston.