Executive Director: Laura Flusche, Ph.D., phone: 404.979.6455
Associate Director: Clare Timmerman, phone: 404-856-5964
Development Manager: Linda Sheldon, phone: 404.856.5963
Education Coordinator: Aditi Tolia-Pande, phone: 404.856.5962
Design Thinking and Innovation Educator: Brigid Drozda, phone: 404.979-6455
3D Printing Guru: Neil Miller, phone 404.979.6455
Membership Associate: Nia Mosby
Exhibitions and Education Assistant: Meredith White
Director of Communications: Carrie Whitney, phone: 404.822.1078
Employment at MODA
Every summer MODA offers a variety of camps that develop STEAM skills and teach the Design Thinking methodology. Each camp is one week long. Some last a full day while others last a half day. The camps are offered at different locations around Atlanta.
We are looking for qualified teachers and professionals to lead camps over the summer.
- Implement the camp program for each week and insure its educational quality and its adherence to the styles and standards of MODA’s educational program
- Collaborate with the Director of Education to create a weekly curriculum that will challenge each student in their knowledge of the subject matter of the camp
- Ensure inclusion of all campers in all activities
- Create challenging activity modifications for more advanced campers
- Supervise camper drop-off and pick-up
- Direct campers throughout the daily schedule
- Communicate with parents to ensure all concerns are addresses
- Handle any emergencies that might arise in the course of a day
- Ensure that campers with special dietary or medical needs are accommodated
- Use classroom management strategies to maintain a respectful environment while fostering open-ended, student-driven learning
- Ensure that campers receive individual attention
- Ensure that each camper’s knowledge of the subject matter of the camp progresses over the course of their week
- Create a positive and fun learning environment for each camper
- Encourage and celebrate creative confidence
- Supervise and mentor the camp staff of 4 to 6 high school and college-aged counselors
- Assist with pre- and post-assessments and evaluations of students and counselors
- Interested applicants must hold at a minimum an Associate’s Degree in a related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Applicant must have a specific body of knowledge related to one or more of the subjects being taught in the camp
- Experience teaching and/or working with children.
- Knowledge of or experience in creating and implementing a curriculum
- Ability to supervise staff and campers
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, a high level of confidentiality, and professionalism
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Must be able to pass a background check
Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm for full-day camps OR Monday through Friday 8:30am to 1:30pm for half-day camps.
We are looking for camp directors willing and able to lead at least 4 week-long sessions of camp over the course of the summer. Additional, camp directors are required to attend at least 1 and possibly 2 half-day orientation sessions prior to the commencement of camp.
This position is contractual, thus pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience
Send your resume and letter of application to email@example.com.
MODA is always looking for engaged and reliable volunteers. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships at MODA
There are currently no internships open at MODA.