Have a Private Event at MODA
The Museum of Design Atlanta (MODA) is a unique, contemporary space, well-suited to hosting events such as:
- Cocktail parties
- Corporate and social receptions
- Photo, video, and film shoots
- Private parties
- Charity fundraisers
Designed by Perkins+Will, the MODA space is sleek and contemporary – the perfect upscale venue for a party, meeting, or celebration. Event rentals can include the use of our lobby, museum galleries, and outdoor plaza space.
Parking is available just ½ block away at 1337 Peachtree Street and valet parking can be organized on 16th Street, which runs along the side of the museum. The museum is one block from the Arts Center station of the MARTA public transportation system.
MODA is located in Atlanta’s lively Midtown Arts District, a neighborhood filled with restaurants, bars, and museums. We’re a quick drive or MARTA ride from downtown Atlanta and from the Buckhead neighborhood and are located just blocks from hip, upscale hotels like the W Midtown, the Loews, the Artmore, and the Four Seasons.
MODA functions primarily as an exhibition space and event capacity varies based on each exhibition. During any exhibition, we can easily accommodate a meeting for up to 20-30 people or a cocktail party for up to 150-200 people. If the plaza outside the building is also used for event space, capacity for a cocktail party rises to 250.
MODA does not supply table and chairs for events. These must be rented. We recommend renting from Peachtree Tents and Events.
MODA is available to rent on weekday evenings and weekend evenings, outside of the times that we are open to the public, which are:
- Mondays: Museum closed / available all day for event rental
- Tuesdays: Museum open to the public from 12pm to 6pm / available for morning meetings and evening events
- Wednesdays: Museum open to the public from 112pm to 6pm/ available for morning meetings and evening events
- Thursdays: Museum open to the public from 112pm to 8pm / available for morning meetings
- Fridays: Museum open to the public from 112pm to 6pm / available for morning meetings and evening events
- Saturdays: Museum open to the public from 110am to 6pm / available for morning meetings and evening events
- Sundays: Museum open to the public from 112pm to 6pm / available for morning meetings and evening events
During public hours, it may be possible to set up events prior to closing times, but restrictions apply and permissions are required. Events themselves cannot begin before 5pm.
All rental fees are based on an 8-hour window including set-up and breakdown. Additional hours will incur additional fees. An off-hours surcharge will apply for event times between 11pm and 8am.
Rental fees do not include security officer(s), catering, or bar service.
Rental fees are:
- Weekday evenings: $2000
- Friday evenings: $2500
- Saturday evenings: $2500
- Sunday evenings: $2000
All rental fees are based on an 6-hour window including set-up and breakdown. Additional hours will incur additional fees. An off-hours surcharge will apply for event times between 11pm and 8am.
Deposits are required to secure the date of an event. A deposit of 50% of the event rental fee is due upon signing of the rental contract. The balance of the rental fee is due 30 days prior to the event. A refundable $500 damage deposit is due by check 30 days prior to the event.
Please have ready the date, number of guests, and type of event that you would like to host.