Programs at MODA
Design is everywhere. From the buildings we work and live in to the graphic messages that allow us to share information and from the way we interact with our computers to the clothes we wear: design pervades our lives.
As the only museum in the Southeast dedicated exclusively to design, MODA’s mission is to explore the many facets of the design disciplines–architecture; electronic media; fashion; furniture; graphic, industrial, and interior design to name a few–as they exert a positive influence on Atlanta and the Southeast.
MODA strives to engage the community in design discussion in a variety of ways:
- Exhibitions: Our exhibitions showcase design achievements in the fields of architecture, electronic media, fashion, furniture, graphic design, industrial design, and interior design
- Design Conversation: We welcome a guest speaker every month and give you a chance to learn from design professionals and practitioners
- Drink in Design: MODA is open late on the last Thursday of every month and we invite you to join us between 6pm and 8pm for our hip and happening Drink in Design events. Just purchase a regular admission ticket and you’ll be treated to a drink!
- Hands on Design: These events give you the opportunity for active participation in creative design projects
- Field Trips: Field Trips take you out to the studios and work places of some the city’s most interesting designers
- campMODA for Kids Ages 6-14: Students 6-14 years old learn basic robotic engineering, programming principals, and science, technology, engineering and math concepts while having fun!