MODA is always looking for engaged and reliable volunteers. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every summer campMODA offers a variety of STEAM camps that use tools such as Minecraft, LEGO robotics, Design Thinking and littleBits circuitry sets, and more. Our camps are week-long camps and are either full or half day at different locations around Atlanta. We are looking for qualified teachers and professionals to lead various camps over the summer.
- Implement the camp program for each week and insure its quality.
- Collaborate with the Director of Education to create a weekly curriculum that will challenge each student in their knowledge of the subject matter of the camp
- Ensure all campers specific needs are being met, especially students with special needs.
- Create challenging activity modifications for more advanced campers.
- Supervise camper drop-off and pick-up.
- Direct campers throughout the daily schedule.
- Communicate with parents to ensure all concerns are addressed.
- Handle any emergencies that might arise in the course of a day.
- Ensure that campers with special dietary or medical needs are accommodated.
- Use classroom management strategies to maintain a respectful environment.
- Ensure that campers receive individual attention.
- Ensure that each camper’s knowledge of the subject matter of the camp progresses over the course of their week.
- Create a positive and fun learning environment for each camper.
- Supervise the camp staff of 4 to 6 high school and college-aged counselors.
- (Staff-student ratio is usually 1:4)
- Assist with pre- and post-assessments and evaluations of students and counselors
- Interested applicants must hold at a minimum an Associate’s Degree in a related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Applicant must have a specific body of knowledge related to one or more of the subjects being taught in the camp
- Experience teaching and/or working with children.
- Knowledge of or experience in creating and implementing a curriculum
- Ability to supervise staff and campers
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, a high level of confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
- Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 1:00pm or 8:30 to 4:30pm depending upon the camp
- Duration: One week-long camp and several orientations at the beginning of the summer
Salary: This position is contractual, thus pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience
Apply: Please submit a letter of introduction and resume to email@example.com
No phone inquiries please.