Registrar and Exhibitions Intern
MODA is seeking a Registrar and Exhibitions Intern for the summer of 2018. The intern will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities, gaining hands on experience, and knowledge in a museum setting. The primary duty of this intern is to assist the Exhibitions Manager with receiving, cataloging, installing, and redistributing Jayna Zimmerman’s Welcome Blanket project that will run in conjunction with MODA’s summer exhibition, Making Change: The Art and Craft of Activism.
Additionally, the intern will experience the behind-the-scenes process of exhibition planning, design, and execution in a team-based environment. The intern will assist with object research, art handling, and install/deinstall.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Can work in flex environments
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Interest in museum studies, design field, or art history
Compensation: The internship is unpaid; however, school credit may be earned.
Start and end dates: Summer; specific dates to be determined with supervisor
Work schedule: Flexible with work and/or academic schedule; 12–20 hours per week. Mondays are required.
To apply: Please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Camp Counselor for campMODA
MODA seeks camp counselors for summer of 2018 to help lead innovative STEM- and STEAM-related design camps. Counselors must be at least 16 years of age and enjoy working with children. Counselors must also have related knowledge or experience in campMODA 2018 subject matter.
Our camps* are located at four locations. Each camp takes place over the course of a week (Monday-Friday) and counselors must be available to work the entire week, as well as attend training sessions prior to camp. Each Monday, camp counselors will be expected to arrive at the designated camp location at 8:00 am. campMODA sessions begin on May 28 and run through July 27.
Update: campMODA is looking for counselors for the following camps as of April 2018.
1. Crafting Change: Design Camp for Activists for grades 8-11
Offered at the Museum of Design Atlanta. Work hours are from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm, with the exception of Monday. Must be college age.
2. Architectural Design with Minecraft for grades 4-8 and grades 5-9
Offered at The Lovett School and the Georgia Tech College of Design. Work hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, with the exception of Monday.
3. Teen Jam Summer Studio for grades 8-12
Offered at MODA. Work hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, with the exception of Monday. Teen Jam Summer Studio camp counselors must have completed one year of college prior to start date. Must be college age.
*Additional information is available on the MODA website at museumofdesign.org/campmodasummer
• Enjoys working with children
• Has demonstrated experience working at camps or in other children’s educational or recreational settings
• Has demonstrated interest in the subject matter of the camp
• Has the ability to teach and lead various recreational activities
• Demonstrates excellent character, integrity and adaptability
• Is able to communicate clearly while working with children of various ages and skill levels
• Has the desire and ability to work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere
• Has enthusiasm, patience and self-control
• Passes the GA State run background check
• Takes responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of campers
• Recognizes and responds to opportunities for group problem solving
• Provides opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success
• Encourages respect for personal property, camp equipment and facilities
• Sets good example for campers in all areas, including cleanliness, punctuality, clean-up chores, rules, sportsmanship
• Guides campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities
• Actively assists the Camp Director and participates in all aspects of the campers’ days
• Observes camper behavior, assesses its appropriateness, enforces safety regulations and emergency procedures
• Attends training sessions and camp orientation held in March through May
• Meets/communicates as necessary with Camp Director regarding concerns, updates, challenges
• Submits all required paperwork on time
- Complete campMODA Camp Counselor application
- Secure a letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, or non-familial adult.
- Submit completed application and refer all questions to MODA’s Education Coordinator, Blair Banks, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For those applying for Crafting Change and Teen Jam Summer Studio, please also include your resumé.