campMODA in the Summer
2013 Summer campMODA sessions will be offered as follows:
June 10-14This week is sold out!
- June 17-21
- June 24-28
- July 1-5 (no camp on July 4)
- July 8-12
July 15-19This week is sold out! July 22-26This week is sold out!
- July 29-August 2
campMODA is held at Colony Square, 1197 Peachtree Street NE, on the Plaza level.
Campers are grouped according to age—6-8 year olds and 9-14 year olds.
The following LEGO programs are offered during each session of campMODA:
• LEGO WeDo (for ages 6-8): For children who love to build and then take their models to the next level. Working independently, kids build a model, one of 12 from the same kit, and use a computer to program their model to move and make sounds.
• LEGO NXT (for ages 9-14): Campers here use the LEGO NXT Robotics system to design, build and program their robot from scratch. Students participating in NXT are guided through a hands-on experience, where they learn to write their own programs to make their robot perform specific tasks.
PLEASE NOTE: Based on demand, all programs may NOT be available all weeks. Should the program requested for your choice of session(s) not meet a minimum enrollment, you will be contacted immediately. Additionally, the kits MODA uses are Lego Education kits and are not available for retail meaning that participants are unable to take home any Legos.
Costs & Registration
Weeklong campMODA sessions cost $495 ($100 registration fee + $395 tuition).
To download registration forms, please click here. Once completed, they can be mailed to MODA (see address below), faxed to 404. 856.5960, or emailed to at campMODA@museumofdesign.org
MODA Members receive a 10% discount. Join now.
campMODA 2013 Staff
• The staff consists of administrators, experienced camp counselors.
• The camp counselors have been selected on the basis of their experience in and ability to work with children in a camp or educational setting.
• The ratio of campers to actual camp staff is 3:1.
Please dress your camper in play clothes appropriate for the daily weather report.
For More Information
Museum of Design Atlanta
1315 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309