campMODA for Scouts
Trying to earn the robotics merit badge for scouts? We are happy to arrange special sessions for scouts.
campMODA is held at Colony Square, 1197 Peachtree Street NE, on the Plaza level.
Campers are grouped according to age—6-8 year olds and 9-14 year olds.
The following LEGO programs are offered during each session of campMODA:
• LEGO WeDo (for ages 6-8): For children who love to build and then take their models to the next level. Working independently, kids build a model, one of 12 from the same kit, and use a computer to program their model to move and make sounds.
• LEGO NXT (for ages 9-14): Campers here use the LEGO NXT Robotics system to design, build and program their robot from scratch. Students participating in NXT are guided through a hands-on experience, where they learn to write their own programs to make their robot perform specific tasks.
PLEASE NOTE: Based on demand, all programs may NOT be available all weeks. Should the program requested for your choice of session(s) not meet a minimum enrollment, you will be contacted immediately. Additionally, the kits MODA uses are Lego Education kits and are not available for retail meaning that participants are unable to take home any Legos.
Costs & Registration
campMODA for Scouts costs $65.
MODA Members receive a 10% discount. Join now.
If you would like to reserve a camp session for a whole Scout troop, please contact Jenniffer Velez-Crespo at 404.979.6455.
• The staff consists of administrators and experienced camp counselors.
• The camp counselors have been selected on the basis of their experience in and ability to work with children in a camp or educational setting.
• The ratio of campers to actual camp staff is 3:1.
Please dress your camper in play clothes appropriate for the daily weather report.
For More Information & Registration
Museum of Design Atlanta
1315 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309