Learn Cool Stuff at campMODA !
Kids who attend campMODA design cool stuff while improving their science, technology, engineering, and math skills. It’s tons of fun!
Thanksgiving Break Camps for Kids Age 8-12
Based on demand, all programs may NOT be available each day. If campMODA is unable to honor your request, you will be contacted to make arrangements or cancel your registration for a full refund. Once campMODA confirms your camper’s enrollment:
- Cancellation 2 weeks prior to the start of the session will result in a 100% refund
- No refunds will be available for cancellations less than 2 weeks prior the start of the session. If you have any last minute emergencies, you will get a campMODA credit.
Campers should bring their own snack and a refillable water bottle every day.
campMODA runs from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
All the session for the Fall Break camp will be held at
Each session is a ½ day camp session from 9 am to 12:30 pm
Costs & Registration
The cost of each session is $50.
You can register for the sessions by selecting the camps below.
MODA Members receive a $5 discount. Join now.
campMODA 2015 Staff
- The staff consists of MODA employees and experienced teachers
- The camp counselors have been selected on the basis of their experience in and ability to work with children in a camp or educational setting.
- The ratio of campers to actual camp staff is 4:1.
Please dress your camper in casual clothes appropriate for the daily weather report.
Day 1: November 23, 2015
The world of Minecraft is rich with applications and possibilities. This class will delve into the expanding horizons of Minecraft. Campers will learn the steps necessary to 3D print Minecraft structures. We will discuss and collaborate on the use of command blocks and redstone. The class will be filled with different Minecraft related activities and interesting challenges to use the program in new ways. With a focus on design, the goal is for campers to finish the day enriched with new ways of using Minecraft in single and multiplayer mode.
Skills you will learn:
- Many new open-source programs for all age that they can use will Minecraft to create worlds. How 3D printing works
- Keyboarding and other computer skills
- Design Thinking
- Different ways to use Minecraft
- Command blocks and redstone circuitry
While we provide a laptop for each participant, many campers often express the desire to share designs they’ve already created. As long as they feel comfortable insuring the safety of their devices, young designers are welcome to bring the portable electronics they use to play Minecraft.
Click here to register for Day 1: Minecraft - SOLD OUT!
Day 2: November 24, 2015
Intro to Arduino
Arduino is an open-source prototyping platform that makes learning about engineering design accessible and fun. It’s also a great way to learn about and make circuits from scratch.
This class will provide introductory lessons to breadboarding with resistors, LED’s and more. It will look at how users can interact with hardware manually and through software. We will account for the personal and collaborative styles of learners as we discuss engineering, design and innovation while fostering creative confidence. Through this class we will focus on breadboarding with Arduino, and make circuits with other materials to strengthen campers understanding of the topic. Feel free to bring in old electronics to take apart.
Skills you will learn:
- Basic principles of electrical energy
- Basic types of circuits, the components involved, and how to read both breadboarding illustrations and schematic diagrams.
- Keyboarding skills and knowledge of micro-controller layouts
- Arduino software and other possible softwares.
Day 3: November 25, 2015
littleBits, LEGO Bricks, & Bugs
Are you interested in the world of littleBits? Do you love to build with LEGO bricks? How about adding Hexbugs to the mix? Join us for a morning of creative exploration where we will investigate the color-coded “Bits modules” that snap together magnetically to make it easy for to build simple circuits and inventive projects in seconds. LEGO bricks and other creative materials will be incorporated to further explore the versatility of littleBits and the Internet of Things. We’ll build and test creations with Hexbugs and anything else we can think of!
Skills you will learn:
- Basic circuitry
- Fine-motor skills
- Design thinking
Help Kids Attend campMODA!
campMODA offers scholarships to children who would be otherwise unable to attend the LEGO Robotics Experience. You can help a child have this experience by donating to our campMODA Scholarship Fund. Your donations are tax-deductible and will help metro-Atlanta children improve their science, technology, engineering and math skills. Click here to make a contribution.