Are you creative but not sure how that translates into a career? Love to think up new ideas and bring them into being? Always talking about how the things you use and own could be better? Maybe you should be a designer!
If you’re interested in a design career, join us this summer for Teen Jam Summer Studio. We’ll be going on a week of field trips to different design studios in Atlanta. On these trips, you’ll talk to designers about their education and career path, you’ll learn about their work, try your hand at some design projects, and learn how to put together a portfolio. It’s a great way to get the inside view from designers who are doing what they love.
Each day after visiting a studio, we’ll talk about what we learned and explore a design skill like sketching, portfolio building, and prototyping.
From graphic design to architecture, you’ll learn how to turn your creative awesomeness into a career.
Teens ages 13-17 are invited to join us for Teen Jam Summer Studio.
- Learn about a wide range of design fields through studio visits
- Connect with the leaders of design in Atlanta
- Practice career-applicable design skills like sketching and prototyping
- Explore principles of portfolio-building
- Build and practice career-building and network-building strategies
- Practice presenting oneself as a creative professional
This is a week long camp for rising 8th to 12th grade students that runs from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily. This camp is being held at Museum of Design Atlanta located at 1315 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309.
Tuition: MODA Members: $445 / Non-Members: $495
Please note: Camp member discounts apply only to MODA Sustaining Membership levels beginning at $8/month or $96/year and above. For more information about memberships or to join, visit museumofdesign.org/membership/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exemption Notice: This program is not licensed by Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning and is not required to be licensed. Bright from the Start does not regulate or routinely inspect this program. For additional information, go to www.decal.ga.gov or call 404.657.5562
Minimum Enrollment: Should the program you request not meet a minimum enrollment, you will be contacted at least one month prior to the start of your camp session.
Food Allergies: Should campMODA need a food allergy action plan for your camper, please contact the camp administrator at campMODA@museumofdesign.org.
Special Needs: Campers with learning differences and behavioral needs are welcome at campMODA! Please contact Blair Banks at 404.979.6455 so that we can have a conversation and discuss your camper’s unique potential, and how to best celebrate their strengths and accommodate their challenges.
Once campMODA confirms your camper's enrollment:
- Registrations that are cancelled 2 weeks prior to the start of the session will result in a refund of the amount paid minus the $100 non-refundable registration fee (Amount paid - $100 non-refundable registration fee = Refund).
- No refunds will be available for cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the session.
- If you have any last minute emergencies, do not hesitate to contact MODA's Education Coordinator at campMODA@museumofdesign.org or 404.979.6455 so that we can discuss the best options for you and your camper.