Designing & Coding with Minecraft (Rising K - 2nd Grade)
Can’t get enough of Minecraft? Curious how to take your gaming skills to the next level? We’ve designed a camp that will allow younger designers to play computer Minecraft in a developmentally-friendly way by using it as a tool for designing and building worlds.
Campers will also be challenged to use Minecraft as a design tool, learning new methods of engaging with the game that are different from standard game-play. While designing in Minecraft, campers will practice design thinking — a problem-solving, user-driven tool to build empathy and creativity.
- How to use Minecraft on computers
- Keyboarding and other computer skills
- How to navigate Minecraft worlds using XYZ coordinates
- Gain familiarity with Minecraft servers
- Basics of computer script programming
- Collaborative design in Minecraft servers
- Practice design thinking as a problem-solving method
- Discover alternative ways to use and create with Minecraft
Enrolled in this camp before? No problem! We'll pick up where you left off so your camper can keep making and learning.
While we provide a computer for each participant, many campers express the desire to share designs they’ve already created. As long as they feel comfortable ensuring the safety of their devices, young designers are welcome to bring the portable electronics they use to play Minecraft.
This camp is for rising K – 2nd graders.
Tuition: $225 / $250 for non-members.
Please note: Camp member discounts apply only to MODA Family Membership levels and above. For more information about memberships or to join MODA you can visit us online at http://museumofdesign.org/membership/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is not licensed by Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning and is not required to be licensed. Bright from the Start does not regulate or routinely inspect this program.
Please note: Based on demand, all programs may not be available all weeks. Should the program you request not meet a minimum enrollment, you will be contacted at least a month before your camp session. Should campMODA need a food allergy action plan for your camper, please contact the camp administrator by calling 404.856.5962 or emailing campMODA@museumofdesign.org.
Campers with learning differences and behavioral needs are welcome at campMODA! We do ask that you please call Blair Banks at 404.979.6455 so that we can have a conversation and discuss your camper’s unique potential, and how to best celebrate their strengths and accommodate their challenges.
Based on demand, campMODA sessions may not be available all weeks. Should the camp you request not meet a minimum enrollment, you will be contacted at least a month before your camp session. Once campMODA confirms your camper's enrollment:
- Registrations that are cancelled 2 weeks prior to the start of the session will result in a refund of the amount paid minus the $100 non-refundable registration fee (Amount paid - $100 non-refundable registration fee = Refund).
- No refunds will be available for cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the session.
- If you have any last minute emergencies, do not hesitate to contact MODA's Education Coordinator, Blair Banks at email@example.com or 404.979.6455 so that we can discuss the best options for you and your camper.